5km Road Races - Exwick, Exeter
A Flat 2 Lap Course Suitable For All Abilities
UKA Licence Number: 2018-32276
Series Standings & Prize Giving:
Final scoring will be based on best 4 results out of 6 - i.e you must complete 4 races to be eligible
If you compete all 6 races we will use your fastest 4 times for the series standings
We will award prizes to top 3 in each cat, where applicable - Top 3 in each age category will be awarded a medal and coloured jersey (colour dependent of finishing position!).
We will send an email ASAP after final race to top 3 in each cat - this will contain a link to confirm jersey size. There will be a strict 1 week deadline for submission, we will then get order off to printers and posted out, this may take a few weeks to get turned around, so please bear with us. Keep an eye out for the email (and please check junk mail just in case!).
Medals - we will send ALL medals out with the jerseys
We will produce a final overall set of male and female standing (inc: all age cats) and award prizes to top 3 in each
We will award a series medal to everyone who completes the series by completing 4 or more races. Please note if you finish in the top 3 in your cat you will recieve a 1st, 2nd or 3rd medal. If you finish outside of the top 3 in your age cat we will award a series medal.
Please note we will be unable to award these on the night as we'll need to to calculate final standings.
We will endevour to post medal out ASAP after the final races.
Please note finish line clock is a guide not master clock for results.
A great traffic free and pancake flat 5km run on footpaths and cycle tracks around Exwick Playing Fields and the River Exe Flood Relief. This event is suitable for people chasing PB's along with novice runners.
Each event is open to both individual round entries and series entries (basically if you can't do all the races you are still welcome to run in individual rounds!)
'ON THE NIGHT' ENTRY AVAILABLE FOR ALL RACES
BEST 4 RACES TO COUNT FOR THE SERIES - AGE GROUP FOR SERIES BASED ON AGE AT BEGINNING OF SERIES
NEW FOR 2018... WE WILL AWARD A MEDAL TO EVERYONE WHO COMPLETES THE SERIES (MINIMUM OF 4 OUT OF 6 RACES)
Volunteers Needed = FREE Entry to another race, If your able and willing to help please get in CONTACT
- Race HQ: The race HQ will be the changing rooms at Flowerpots, Exwick Playing Fields (Post Code EX4 1EG)
- Car Park: Parking will be available at HQ (Post Code EX4 1EG)
- Entry & Race Limit: ENTER ONLINE - Online entry will close at 10.30am on race day. Entries will be taken on the night also. Race(s) capacity will be limited to 200 entries.
- Entry Fees: England Athletics Competition License Holder: £8.00 Standard Entry: £10.00 Under 17 England Athletics Competition License Holder: £5.00 Under 17 Standard Entry: £6.00 Series Entry 6 Races (for price of 5) England Athletics Competition License Holder: £40.00 Series Entry 6 Race (for price of 5) Standard Entry: £50.00
- Minimum Age: 11 years old
- Numbers: Numbers issued should be used for the whole series, so please don't forget or lose them!
- Toilets, Changing and Showers: Will be available at the Race HQ - please note this is fairly basic!
- First Aid: First Aid will be covered by MET Services
- Scoring: This will be based on a runners 4 best scores out of the 6 rounds i.e. runners must do at least 4 events to be eligible to count for the series overall. AGE GROUP FOR SERIES BASED ON AGE AT BEGINNING OF SERIES.
- Prizes: Prizes will only be awarded for the series overall - First 3 overall male & female, First veteran male & female in each cat, *Only one prize per competitor. NEW FOR 2018... WE WILL AWARD A MEDAL TO EVERYONE WHO COMPLETES THE SERIES (MINIMUM OF 4 OUT OF 6 RACES)
- Course Records: ALL TIME - Men: 14.47 - Tom Merson, Bristol & West Ac | Ladies: 16.56 - Steph McCall, Exeter University Ac | As of 2018 and new route see course records including age cats.